Websites are important to all modern organizations. In addition to giving businesses credibility, websites also serve as platforms through which customers can easily interact with these businesses. With over 20 banks in Nigeria and the keen competition for customers amongst them, it is not surprising that Nigeria banks spend sizable amount of money on their websites.
In this article, we take a look at the top 10 most visited bank websites in Nigeria. The websites are ranked using their average number of monthly visitors.
The top 10 banks in Nigeria by website traffic are:
|RANK||BANK NAME||WEBSITE URL|
|1||Guaranteed Trust Bank||https://www.gtbank.com/|
|3||First Bank of Nigeria||https://www.firstbanknigeria.com/|
|5||United Bank of Africa||https://www.ubagroup.com/|
|6||First City Monument Bank||https://www.fcmb.com/|
- Guaranteed Trust Bank: Considered to be one of the most valuable banks in Nigeria, Guaranteed trust bank is a leading African bank that offers online/internet banking, retail banking, corporate banking, etc. According to Alexa, GTB’s site is ranked as the most visited banking website in Nigeria and the 17th most visited website in the country. The site has recorded an average of 1.53 million visitors per month in 2019.
- Zenith Bank: Zenith bank is a leading Nigerian multinational financial services provider. Zenith bank’s website is ranked as the 61st most visited site in Nigeria and the second most visited banking website. The website has recorded an average of 665 thousand in 2019.
- First Bank of Nigeria: First bank of Nigeria is Nigeria’s premier commercial bank and regarded as one of the most valuable banking brands. It has over 10 million active customer accounts and over 750 business locations. First bank’s website is regarded as the 112th most visited site in Nigeria, and the third most visited banking website. Since January, First bank website has recorded an average monthly visit of 567 thousand in 2019.
- Access Bank: Access bank plc is a leading full-service commercial bank. Access bank’s website is ranked as 121st most visited bank website in Nigeria and the fourth most visited banking website. The website has recorded an average monthly visit of 504 thousand in 2019.
- United Bank for Africa: With a quest to build the strongest domestic and African brand, the United Bank for Africa has over 7.2 million customers across 700 business offices in 19 African countries. The bank’s website is ranked as the 174th most visited website in Nigeria and the fifth most visited banking website. UBA’s website has recorded an average monthly visit of 408 thousand in 2019.
- First City Monument Bank: First city monument bank is a full service national commercial bank that provides services to individuals, small businesses (SMEs) and large scale corporations. The site ranks as the 212th most visited website in Nigeria and recorded an estimated average of 250 thousand visits by July of 2019. The website is regarded as the 6th most visited bank website in Nigeria.
- Stanbic IBTC: Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading provider of integrated financial services, pensions and wealth management products, and services. The bank’s site ranks as the 258th most visited site in Nigeria and recorded an average of 132 thousand visits through January to June of 2019. Stanbic IBTC’s website is regarded as the 7th most visited bank in Nigeria.
- Union Bank: Union Bank of Nigeria Plc is a full-service commercial bank that caters for the retail and commercial needs of individuals, small and medium-sized companies, and major corporations. The site ranks as the 590th most visited site in Nigeria and has recorded an average of 98 thousand visits in 2019. The bank’s website is regarded as the 8th most visited bank website in Nigeria.
- Fidelity Bank: Fidelity bank is a full-fledged commercial bank operating in Nigeria, with over 4.2million customers who are served across 231 business offices and various other digital banking channels. Fidelity bank website has recorded an estimated average of 73 thousand visits in 2019 and it is regarded as the 9th visited bank website in Nigeria.
- ALAT (WEMA): A product of Wema bank, ALAT is a fully functional digital bank which gives its customers access to all banking services that would normally require one to visit a banking hall. ALAT is estimated to have recorded an average of 42 thousand visits in 2019 and is regarded as the 10th most visited bank website in Nigeria.